Submitted by: TM Lung
When you are planning to have a really special wedding, it will probably mean that you will need to spend quite a large amount of money. An average wedding can cost you up to $40,000. As a result, you will need to save some money so that you will have enough resources for your event. However, it is also very true that it is not a small amount of money at the end of the day. To this end, you may need to consider getting a wedding loan.
In most cases, couples nowadays will be responsible for all the expenses of the wedding. Of course some people may still follow the tradition that the parents will pay for the wedding. However, it is more common for the couple to pay for it. It can make the couple find it difficult to plan for the wedding financially. This is why you may want to seek for a wedding loan. It will not be a bad option if you can consider some issues before you get it.
There are couples who are reluctant to consider the idea of a wedding loan. They will rather pay with their credit cards instead. However, I will say that it will not be a good idea to pay using the credit cards. This is because the interest rates of the credit cards will certainly be a lot higher than that of the wedding loan. You do not want to be in credit card debt after you have married. And it may take you years in order to settle the credit card debt. To this end, it is better to seek for a wedding loan due to the fact that the interest rate is a lot lower. The monthly payment will be a lot less when you do so.
Another case is that a couple may just have enough cash to settle all the expenses. Yet, you may not want to spend all your money on the wedding. And you are not suggested to do so indeed. The point here is that you may need some cash for your life after marriage. You may also need to reserve some cash for emergency use. It will not be good for you to spend all the cash you have on hand. You may still want to get a wedding loan. In this case, you may consider spending your cash to settle about 70% of the expenses. This means that you will be getting a wedding loan to settle the other 30%.
Before you try to seek for a wedding loan, you have to know who will be help to finance your event. For example, your family members may contribute. You will need to know how much they are going to contribute. You will need to discuss with your parents and family members to this end. Of course you will also need to have an estimated budget so that you will know how much you will need to borrow.
One last point is that, you will need to consider if you can repay. You need to make sure that you can pay every month punctually after your wedding. Otherwise you will just be in debt. It will also hurt your credit score!
About the Author: TM Lung designs
Chinese Wedding Invitations
. He has sites on
Planning a Wedding
Marriage Wedding Planning